September 1, 2013

3rd and 4th Philippine International Pyromusical Competition

I am a big fan of fireworks display. It was after high school when me and my high school classmates started watching the annual Marikina's Fireworks Display held at Marikina Riverpark every 30th of December which we considered our annual mini-reunion that made me fell in love with the colorful fireworks in the sky. Then, 2010 came and I learned about the First Philippine International Pyromusical Competition. Unfortunately, due to graduation requirements, I wasn't able to watch and it was just last 2011 when I decided to make it my yearly habit.

The Philippine International Pyromusical Competition is an annual event and competition of fireworks and music participated by different pyrotechnic experts around the world held at SM Mall of Asia Seaside Boulevard every Saturdays of February to March. 

3rd Philippine International Pyromusical Competition

I was able to drag him to come with me to one of my yearly habit and watch the 3rd Philippine International Pyromusical Competition held last February 11, 2012 (First Week of Competition).


We got the VIP seats for P1,000 (P500 each). Each ticket allows you to watch two (2) competing countries. Ours are South Korea and Malta. You can also buy the VIP with buffet dinner for P1,500, Gold ticket for P300 and Silver for P100. Tickets can be bought either at ticketnet.com.ph, smtickets.com, ticketworld.com.ph, or even at the venue. 


VIP seat offers free seating so you have to come early to grab the best location. We came around 5:00 p.m. and while waiting, we watched the beautiful sunset. Here are some sunset photos I took using a Nikon Digital Camera:


I also took a phtoto of the famous MOA Eye.


There were also some musicians to entertain people while the program hasn't started. 


Meet Yohji. He's our baby teddy bear which he gave me on that same day. One cutie surprise! ♥ We also played with him while waiting for the competition to start. 


One favorite photo of the night ♥

The competition started and yes, no words nor picture can describe the beauty of the fireworks display. One should really watch it to know what we are talking about here. But to give you an idea, here are some photos taken during the competition:


For me, it was South Korea that showed better synchronization of music to the fireworks display than Malta. But of course, applause for both countries' creativity.



And hey, thank you for the balloons, flowers and for Yohji ♥

4th Philippine International Pyromusical Competition

As expected, watching the Pyromusical Competition isn't just my yearly habit, but ours now. So this year, we got another VIP seats without dinner, of course. We don't think it's a good idea to eat while watching the fireworks display. 


Same venue, same set-up :)


Trying to catch a photo with the fireworks background ♥


This year, it's United Kingdom versus South Korea. Here are some photos:


 But here's my favorite of all. Isn't this soooo lovely? ♥


We saw these lights after the display. Now, we both love lights more :)



What's good about not purchasing the VIP with dinner is that you can choose where to eat. There are lots of good restaurants in SM Mall of Asia so why limit yourself with a small buffet?


We definitely recommend watching the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition. With the creativity of the people behind the competition, what you will be paying will all be worthy. 

So, see you next year? 

*****
Philippine International Pyromusical Competition
SM Mall of Asia Seaside Boulevard
Pasay City

2 comments:

  1. How much did the VIP ticket cost? Anyway, I was there also! I really enjoyed it! Sadly, I didn't have any camera. But thanks to your pictures! :)

    Playgroup Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The VIP ticket costs P500 each. Thanks too for appreciating my post, especially the photos :)

    ReplyDelete